20.8.09

Portland to Sonoma...A Roadtrip: Leg One

So Ketch and I took a road trip back in June and I've finally gotten around to processing the photos. This wasn't just any road trip for me. It was the BIG meet-the-ENTIRE-family road trip and I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I was basically full of butterflies. I've never been with someone who's family is far away. Almost a year in and what if we don't get along? What if we don't mesh? GA! When I said this to Ketch all he said was, "You and me, we are the same. I love you, they will love you." And so with my love driving and I sitting shotgun, we held hands and I took a deep breath...and had one of the best trips ever.

We woke up super early to try and get down to San Francisco in one, easy fell swoop. We made PB&J's and stocked up on fluids. This drive would be no problem. It was nice and cool in oregon that morning. Overcast like it usually is until it burns off around noon. We got in the car, I kissed his cheek and we were off.



(note: my shoes are dolce vita. the style isn't around anymore but the brand always put out amazing sandals. They are also having the most amazing sandal sale online right now!)



We were already singing oldies and I think I was already munching on a sandwich when there was this loud BAM! We though we had run over something, but all seemed well. A minute later though he yelled out, "WE'VE GOT A FLAT TIRE!" Ofcourse we had to cross 4 lanes of freeway traffic to make it over to the side of the road. And yep, thar she blows, the flattest tire I ever did see. We didn't even make it past Bridgeport Village...I was ready to say "screw this" let's just go shopping (Bridgeport is one of those weird suburban meccas with an Anthro) but instead "I have roadside assistance," is what chimed out. Good girlfriend, good! Whew. But Brad wouldn't have no ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE. "I've got this he said..."





...more later.

2 comments:

jasmine said...

yippee! i love road trips!

and i LOOOOOOVE your shoes! where are they from if you don't mind my asking?

Hello Katey said...

the shoes are a couple years old and are dolce vita. i scored them at the Rack for like 15 bucks. Totally rad. I love them more and more as they age.