28.5.09

My boyfriend is playing dress up this weekend...

Like i mentioned before, Im going to a wedding this weekend. My boyfriend is coming along for the fun wine-filled ride which Im so excited about. I mean we did meet on a dance floor and what wedding doesn't come with a dance floor.

But he's going to need to look slightly more dressed up than his usual ratty/vintage tshirt, black skinny jeans, vans and the occasional addition of a hoodie or plaid shirt. Sexy/rugged bmx rider with a mustache is totally great for daytime in portland...but what shall i put my boy in for night time on the vineyard? Thus...I have men's fashion on the brain today.

I've been fantasizing for months now about him in a j.crew-esque checkered shirt, tie and white slim slacks...even with his vans for added comfort. To be honest, images of oh so young and i feel oh so dirty, Zac Efron, got me in that train of thought. I mean my boyfriend could easily pull this off.


And I did find all of this at jcrew







here's the issue tho...all he owns is the shoes...sigh. and we being young are low on funds. He said he would buy a button up, and he does own some grey slacks...but his shoes are brown? oh what a mess. Maybe the best option would be to keep him in his black skinny jeans,his vans, a button up and a tie...a happy medium. if Only I could get him to splurge on a blazer.




the last wedding we went to was in March, and well his closet is full of sweaters...I think he was going for "Sir ian McKellen Look" but ended up in all browns and greys...he's so cute...just browns and greys? not cute.

either way, in the end, i really just want him to feel comfortable so he can shake a tail feather on the dance floor with me.

image from smitten.

4 comments:

Sierra said...

Hi Katey! Glad I came across your blog. Wow, Zac Effron is hot in those pics. Lol. Hope your boyfriend fantasy comes true. ;)

JanelleGrace said...

Brown shoes and grey slacks could look alright, depending on the type of brown and grey.

Hello Katey said...

so he bought the checkered shirt. It's a small black and white check from Gap and it fits him the way he likes it, nice and tight :) so cute. he's pretty excited that im ok with him wearing his black jeans...he's even gonna wash them! oh geez

Sierra said...

Ha ha, too funny. Have fun with that!! Well, at least he is washing the jeans. That's important. ;)