31.8.11

Tonight I'm Making///Corn Ceviche


My sister Sarah's birthday is tonight and we'll be having a white picnic at the Skidmore Bluffs. I'm going to bring some ceviche (which I never get to eat btdubs cause I'm a veg) that looks totally rad from a little blog called Sprouted Kitchen.
**POST EDIT***
Just want to say this was one of the easiest recipes ever. So quick and freaking delicious. I ended up using 3 ears of corn because I wanted there to be enough for 10 people. This is totally a perfect picnic salad.

Corn Ceviche
2 Farmstand Corn Cobs
Zest and Juice of one Lime
1 Generous Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (use the good stuff)
1 Green Onion, finely chopped
1 Serrano Chile, seeded and minced
1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro*
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1. Shuck the corn and use a sharp knife to cut off the corn kernels from all sides. Put them in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the zest and juice of the lime, good olive oil, green onion, serrano and stir to coat. Add the cilantro and sea salt and give it another stir. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes before eating for the flavors to blend. Taste for salt. Keep in a covered container in the fridge, it gets slightly more spicy with age.
* I know there are people who despise cilantro, but don’t let that deter you from making this. You could substitute 2 Tbsp. finely chopped, fresh oregano leaves. It won’t be quite as ‘mexican’ tasting, but it does need a fresh herb, and this is the second best option.

No comments: