22.9.10

one piece can RUIN a design

Check out these photos of the most beautiful home. The items this woman has chosen to fill her space with items that are truly beautiful.
///

I love the mix and match chairs and factory light in this dining room.
///

Her office is perfect. I love the combinations of old and new, textured and sleek.
///

And I have to say there are parts of me that will always want vintage sign letters and lockers - if I can ever find the space.
///
BUT LOOK AT THIS KITCHEN!
///

What is she thinking? I am totally one for preserving natural wood. But the style and tones of these cabinets are so outdated and totally overwhelm the space.  Her beautiful collection of globes is lost behind all that wood. Can you imagine them contrasting against bright white or shiny black cabinets? It would take her home to the next level!

///

1 comment:

Park Street said...

Hmm... I'm thinking it's the wood paneled ceiling. Way too much. I agree with you.