24.2.10

Inspired by Ashley Rose

I want to felt...I want to felt everything! My sister is a costume designer and has utilized felting in many of her designs, dreading wool for wigs or rolling little white tufts of wool into snowballs for a snowball fight in a play. I always watched her in amazement, but never thought I could do anything with it in my interiors. Then I came across Ashley's blog. She makes beautiful hand felted rugs from organic wool and even teaches classes. Her pieces are whimsical and organic, not in any way symetrical even though i'm sure she could do that if she wanted to. She even sells them over at Ashes and Milk. I love how she even covered a set of Eames chairs with her felting technique. STUNNING! I think I will have to learn me some felting, sister?






No comments: